Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Period 1- Semester Final



1) My favorite photo from the Lens slideshow is photo number 9 with the deer. This is because I love its use of framing, and the clarity of the picture gives the deer a perfect silhouette, making the picture all the more interesting. I love the contrast of the black and gray colors as well, it gives the picture much more background and definition.

2) I believe number 9 is also the best picture because its clarity is as I said awesome and its also a picture of an animal meaning that taking it would have been all the more difficult because it probably kept moving around. This picture is also the best because the photographer took it at the best moment possible, when the deer was looking straight at him and the bird was on the deer's back.

3) I believe this: http://msjhphotographypd1lavanya.blogspot.com/2014/10/juliette_27.html is my best work from this semester. I love the place I took it at, it looks so mysterious and alluring. I also love how I edited the picture to be heavily clarified, almost making it look like it was sketched. I lastly love my model's pose; leaning against the tree made it look all the more dramatic.

4) My three rules are fill the frame, leading lines, and depth.

5)

War mode


This includes both fill the frame, and depth. 


6) Your first rule is rule of thirds

7) Some benefits in working in a group are: coming up with great ideas together, correcting each other's mistakes, having someone to model for you, having various perspectives on one thing, and having help when you need it


8) Some difficulties are: its harder to decide on one thing because everyone has their own opinion, takes more time for all of us to finish our pictures and edit each other's, makes it harder to choose what kind of picture you want to take that is different from the rest of your group, harder to be unique, and sometimes there are arguments that do delay us in our work 


9) I love my group member Aileen's picture of her umbrella spinning: http://aileenhhsu.blogspot.com/2014/12/inspired-by-master-irving-penn.html


10) Our photographer for our master's of photography project was Irving Penn. He is known for his sophisticated fashion images and incisive portraits. His images combine simplicity and directness with great formal sophistication. His photos for vogue changed the fashion industry immensely. 

11) Dorothea Lange's most popular photo is called "Migrant Mother". This photo was taken in either February or March of 1936 in Nipomo, California. The Farm Security Administration employed her when she took this photo. 

12) Life magazine first began publishing in 1883

13) Elvis was born January 8th, 1935

14) Robert Capa co-founded Magnum Photos and it started in 1947. 

No comments:

Post a Comment