Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Final Exam

4)
 
This is the photo that made my perspective and outlook of photography shift. Before when I would take photos, I kept trying to find something beautiful to capture so that my picture would look great. I would have to move things around so that every factor of the picture was placed perfectly. However, this picture transformed my viewpoint within seconds because I finally saw how simple and serene life could look. Everything already seemed to be placed in the right spot not by someone else, but by nature itself. Seeing how tranquil the world could be in this picture made me realize that I shouldn't always be trying to capture something perfect and beautiful but I should wait for that scene to come to me. Photography should be about capturing reality, not something that is pretty. I feel like I realized that when I took this picture. Although, I must admit that this reminds me more of a fairy tale than reality! 

5) Shape is described by a two dimensional space. It can be seen when color is filled into some lines and/or angles. An example would be geometric shapes like a square. Form however is described by a three dimensional space. It requires a lot more depth and an example of one would be a cube. 


6) Pattern is seen when an object is repeated multiple times in a specific sequence.  Repetition works with pattern to make the work of art seem active and unified. 


7)

 
Since movement is the path a viewer's eyes takes through art, in this photo the movement is shown by maneuvering beyond the rocks and following the river through the trees towards the light.


8) I feel like the Presentation Project was my best work because in order to take the photos, I really had to get down and dirty into the creek which made me appreciate the photos a lot more after. I believe it was my best work because it benefited me as well. Usually when I am walking (running) on the creek path, it's not because I am enjoying it's beauty, but because I am on my way to school and am probably about to be tardy. But after going down there and really visualizing it, I feel like I have been missing out. It was so awesome, I felt like I was in my own world away from school and my worries/stresses of life. It made me see how simple life is and that is what I felt I needed to capture in my photos. I felt like I really knew the place before taking the photos which really attached me to the creek. By having a connection with it, I feel like the photos expressed myself more and in a deeper way and so I felt like this was my best work. This project changed me because it reminded me to "stop and smell the roses" and just get out of my complex and crazy life once in a while and live among nature. Like Thoreau, I feel it can teach us a thing or two. 


No comments:

Post a Comment